Baby Acne - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Baby acne is a skin problem in which a baby at the time of birth or within the time slot of three to four weeks after birth gets harmed. it is common among newborns.Baby acne usually appears on the chin, cheeks or forehead in the form of whiteheads, blackheads or pustules. Unlike, teen or adult acne, baby acne is harmless and usually resolves on its own within a few weeks.
At times it can be confusing because the pimples can appear strongly at times and then seem to disappear at other times. Not all babies get it but a large number do. Baby acne usually appears on the baby’s cheeks and on other areas of the face. Doctors say that baby acne happens as a direct result of the mother’s hormone levels when she is giving birth. There are different type of rashes. Baby acne is one of them.
Baby Acne Causes
- Hormonal changes: Baby acne is related to hormonal changes that stimulate oil glands in the skin. it affects boys and girls equally, but baby acne is more common in boys. Rarely, baby acne is a sign of a hormonal problem. Milia occur when tiny skin flakes become trapped in small pockets near the surface of your baby's skin.
- It is caused by hormones passed to the baby, through the placenta, before birth. These hormones stimulate the oil glands on your baby?s skin. In addition to acne, the hormones may also cause your newborn son or daughter to have tiny breasts. These breast buds are in no way permanent, and all soon disappear with time.
- It is said that baby acne is the result of hormonal changes. The transfer of hormones from the mother to the baby, through the placenta is the cause of baby acne.The hormones can also be transferred in the form of mother's milk.
Baby Acne Symptoms
- Pimples: Some fleshy or red pimples occurs on the cheeks of the baby. these can also be on forehead and chin. these pimples are highly temporarily in nature. they may appears and disappears sharply.
- Whiteheads: In baby acne sometimes pimple like whiteheads appears which are surrounded by red, irritated and may be even inflamed skin. Whiteheads can occurs on different part of face like cheeks, forehead or chin etc.
- The baby acne will be most prominent when baby is hot or baby's skin has high blood flow inside it. it also prominent when skin is irritated. the condition becomes worse if baby skin comes in contact of detergent or milk etc.
Baby Acne Treatment
- Usually, no treatment is necessary. The baby acne symptoms like pimples, whiteheads etc. should clean up on its own. so one need not any treatment if the things go normal.
- Genteelly cleanse the face once a day with water. If the condition is little on worse side then baby's face should be washed two or three times by warm water and try to make it dry.
- Do not use lotions, oils or others washing treatment. it may make things even worse. it may cause more irritation and infection. only use clean water to wash the face of your baby.
- If the baby's face does not clear up in three months, then consult to a doctor. He or she may recommend a medicated cream or other treatment.
Online Doctor || Teeth Care || Contact Us || Diabetes Care || Cellulite Guide || Chemotherapy || Acne Products ||
(c) Online-family-doctor.com All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Online-family-doctor.com is an information and educational purposes web site only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Do not rely upon any of the information provided on this site for medical diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your primary health care provider about any personal health concerns. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this site.