Eat 5 A Day
Antioxidants interact with and stabilise free radicals. Thus, they prevent some of the damage that free radicals may cause. Free radicals can alter the way in which the cells code genetic material. It can eventually damage immune system and lead to leukemia and other types of cancer as well as to other diseases.
12 Super antioxidant
- Berries act as antioxidants, thus as anticancer substances that may help protect cells. Berries are also rich in soluble fiber, which may help reduce cholesterol.
- Chilli peppers have capsaicin which gives peppers their heat. Capsaicin may interfere with cancer development and are also rich in vitamin C.
- Citrus fruits have flavanones. They can leach into the juice and may detoxify cancer. promoters.
- Cooked tomatoes High intake, especially of cooked or processed tomatoes may reduce risk of prostate and other cancers.
- Cruciferous vegetables-broccoli sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower have been long classified as anticancer foods. They have sulforahane that may help neutralise cancer-causing chemicals that damage cells! and also interferes with tumor growth.
- Garlic family-onions, shallots, chives, garlic. Besides adding flavour and zest to other good
foods, they may work against carcinogens and tumors in many ways, thus lowering risk of colon, stomach and other cancers.
- Herbs and spices- rosemary, ginger, cumin, thyme, oregano may act as antioxidants and anticancer agents even in small amounts.
- Legumes-Beans and lentils after protection against heart disease and colon cancer.
- Plain homemade yoghurt and cottage cheese-They are rich in selenium. Though, selenium is a trace mineral, research studies say that it convinces cancer cells to
commit suicide and repairs damage to their DNA.
- Orange and yellow fruits and vegetables-rich in carotenoids such as beta carotene, lutein zeaxanthin, they perform many anticancer functions, strengthen the immune system protects the retina from harmful radiation and reduces risk of macular degeneration.
- Soy is rich in isoflavonoids such as they are converted to a kind of estrogen in the body and are thought to have some protective effect against cancer.
- Tea-green, black, oolong but not herbal tea. Tea particularly green tea may reduce the risk of many cancers. Flavonols and other flavonoids in tea may combat cancer on several fronts. EGCG is a more powerful antioxidant than vitamin E both neutralise cell damaging free radicals.
Online Doctor || Contact Us || Teeth Care || Skin Disorders || Diabetes Care || Cellulite Guide ||
(c) Online-family-doctor.com All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Online-family-doctor.com is an information and educational purposes web site only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Do not rely upon any of the information provided on this site for medical diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your primary health care provider about any personal health concerns. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this site.