Home Remedies For Sore Throat
- Gargle with warm salt water.
- Mango bark is efficacious in the treatment of a sore throat and other throat disorders.
Its fluid, which is extracted by grinding, can be applied locally with beneficial results.
It can also be used as a throat gargle. This gargle is prepared by mixing 10 ml of the
fluid extract with 125 ml of water.
- Add enough honey to balance the lemon juice and make it drinkable (maybe a tablespoon). This also helps soothe the throat.
- Chives and scallions are helpful for a soar throat when simmered in water for 5 minutes. Drink as a tea.
- Tamarind is also beneficial in the treatment of this condition. Tamarind water should
be used as a gargle. A powder of the dry leaves and an infusion of the bark can also
be used for preparation of a gargle for treating sore throat.
- An old home remedy for sore throats. Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, a pinch of cayenne pepper, juice of 1/4 a lemon, and 1 teaspoon of honey to a cup. Add 1 cup of hot water and stir. Drink up to 4 cups a day.
- Betony is a useful astringent which reduces inflammation. Make a tea and use as a gargle.
- Stop smoking and avoid secondhand smoke.
- Boil some pomegranate rinds and drink as a tea. The pomegranate contains astringents.
- Once you get rid of the sore throat, get rid of your toothbrush, it may give you the sore throat again, and you don't want to get it back, so time to go to the drugstore and get a new one.
- Boil a pint of water and add ½ teaspoon of powdered goldenseal root. Drink hot. Goldenseal is well known for its antibiotic properties.
Online Doctor || Contact Us || Skin Disorders || Diabetes Mellitus || Cellulite Guide || Chemotherapy ||
(c) Online-family-doctor.com All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Online-family-doctor.com is an information and educational purposes web site only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Do not rely upon any of the information provided on this site for medical diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your primary health care provider about any personal health concerns. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this site.