Get rid of puffy eyes - Home remedies to prevent puffy eyes
Puffy eyes are a condition where the eyes begin swelling due to different factors. The skin around the eyes is very thin and is full of blood vessels which make it very sensitive. Usually puffy eyes will go away after a little bit of time or some treatments done at home. In cases where puffy eyes are severe and persistent or are accompanied by pain, discomfort, blurry vision, or other conditions, an optometrist should be contacted about the problem. Hangovers can also produce puffy eyes. At first the alcohol lowers the anti-diuretic hormone but as the hangover gets into full force, ADH increases again and helps the body to retain fluid. Drug induced hypothyroidism can also cause puffy eyes. Raw cucumber slices, potato slices and apple slices-whichever one you have in the refrigerator place them on closed eyes and lie down for five minutes-the potatoes help take the dark circles away-apples have pectin.
- Heredity may be one of the reasons for the puffiness in the eyes.
- Fluid retention such as due to changes in weather or hormone levels may also be the cause
- Acquired hypothyroidism in children is most often caused by auto-immune disease where the immune system attacks the gland, sometimes after a viral infection.
- Abnormalities in the development of the thyroid gland while the baby is in the womb
- Intense stress or emotional pressure may also be the cause.
- Not getting enough sleep, excessive drinking of alcohol, and others as well.
- Initially, the swelling and discoloration may be mild. The eye often starts off slightly reddened, and then progresses to a darker shade.
- The area around the eyes becomes infectious and water comes out of eyes regularly.
- There may be fever in some conditions.
- The eyes becomes like dead in the evening.
- Swelling increases as discoloration progresses.
- Although some blurry vision or difficulty opening the eye may be seen because of the swelling, more serious visual problems are less common.
- Headache may also be present, because the usual cause of a black eye is some sort of head injury.
Home remedies to prevent puffy eyes
- Some lifestyle should be changed. If you sleep with face down and back on up side then you should start sleeping with face upwards.
- Apply a cool compress. Sit for several minutes with chilled slices of cucumbers or tea bags, wet cotton balls or a cold washcloth over closed eyes. The cold helps constrict blood vessels, decreasing swelling.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and salty foods and drink plenty of water. Proper hydration is key to helping your body and skin look and feel their best.
- Some eye gels may be used. Not all the gels work but it is useful to apply some gels. The gels should be kept under cool condition. They will act more effectively if they are stored in cool places.
- Wash your eyes with clean water with two to three times a day. It will relief you a lot.
Online Doctor || Teeth Care || Contact Us || Diabetes Care || Cellulite Guide || Chemotherapy || Acne Products ||
(c) Online-family-doctor.com All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Online-family-doctor.com is an information and educational purposes web site only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Do not rely upon any of the information provided on this site for medical diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your primary health care provider about any personal health concerns. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this site.